Re: Is the right list for a newbie question?

2000-06-28 16:44:49
Hello
        It seems that my original question didn't reach the list so I am
posting it again. See below.
        Thanks

Ed

a) It seems that Makefile has be modified in order to install procmail.
Whichare the common modifications for OS's such as Solaris 2.6 and linux?
b) Is there any default procedure for modifying sendmail? I mean, which is the
command modifications on sendmail.mc to get sendmail working with procmail -
FEATURE(local_procmail) or MAILER(procmail)? Which are the advantages and
disadvantages?
c) On the system, I have sendmail-8.10.0 with cyrus-sasl authorization plus
qpopper. Would procmail affect this setup in any way?
d) Is there a /etc/procmailrc default file for all users?  Is there an example
available?