Sorting mail...

2000-06-29 09:32:13
Hi!

I have a large archive of mail that I access via IMAP. I have been merging mail from various other archives and systems I have used over time and would like to get the IMAP archives sorted by date. Currently they are sorted by the order in which they were added to the archive.

What this means is that when I want to go back to a certain period in time, I have to select sort by date in my mail client which as can be imagined takes a long time to load the message headers of several thousand messages via IMAP and then sort them.

What I need to do is run a sort on these messages on the server side during the night. Has anybody done anything like this?

Many thanks,
Jason.