Re: Looking for sample recipies

2000-07-06 06:36:50
Here's a very nice example...

http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/comp.mail.misc/Craig_Johnston1

On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 05:38:01AM -0400, Marshal Benton wrote:
I have procmail/sendmail configured as the local
delivery agent. I am trying to control the amount
of Spam/junk Email coming into my company.
I have some general recipies to search for (what seems
to be) common key words/phrases in the spam messages.

For example:

:0 B
* (hot young girls|adult xxx|Hardcore site|sexshow|ADULT MATERIAL)
$JUNKDIR

:0 HB
* ! ^From:.*mydomain.com
* (you can earn|Work From Home)
$JUNKDIR

In the second case I want to reject the message if it
contains "work from home" if the message did not
originate from within mydomain.com.

Is there a kind soul willing to share some excerpts
from their procmailrc file which I would be able to use
to enhance my rejection of spam.

In some cases, I find that messages that should be
delivered are rejected (e.g. from newsgroups). Does
someone have a recipie that would help in acceptance
of these messages?

I have a recipie like this, which helps.

:0:
* ^From:.*(travelocity.com|Amazon.com|infobeat.com|EntryPoint Newsletter)
$DEFAULT

Any help, hints would be appreciated.

I am currently looking into the "procmail-kit" and
"spamfilter" for excerpts.

Thanks

-Marshal-

Rob Bringman