Re: autoresponse to specific sender

2000-07-21 12:58:25
Ok.... I dropped the ! and now it looks like this:

:0
* ^From: gm(_at_)zeppo(_dot_)ecqual(_dot_)net

However, now it skips the intended autoresponse for gm and goes right to the
general autoresponse.  I guess my question is:  why is it not stopping to
see that the mail is from gm (i.e., ignores the From address) and simply
goes to the general autoresponse?

Thanks Stan....... btw, is this message now readable?

Mike O.

Well, first I think you meant "^FROM" rather than "!^FROM";
however, since in fact there is no ^FROM macro, neither form will
work as you intended.  (Removing the first "!" will then match
nobody instead of everybody; headers that I've encountered
never seem to start with "fromgm"  :-).

Use the specific header(s) you want, almost certainly
either "^From " and/or "^From:".

Cheers,
Stan