Re: multiple actions --> spoke too soon

2000-07-28 14:10:04
okay someone had responded giving me this solution (i've removed the
comments):

:0
* ^TO_\/(_dot_)+procmail(_at_)*
| /usr/bin/play ~/sounds/asterisk.wav
:0A:
procmail_list

i had initially thought this worked but it seems it does not.  the purpose
is to take e-mail from a mailing list play a sound when it arrives and
then dump it into it's specified mailbox.  is there anything that should
be changed in the recipe?

I tried to reply to the other, and my email client locked up. So I'll say it
here.

I'd store the message, then play the sound.

Why?
Storing is more important. We want that to work regardless of whether we can
make noises.

The original recipe should have been structured like this:
:0:lockme
* ...
{
   :0f