Re: multiple actions --> spoke too soon

2000-07-28 14:21:32
At 15:39 2000-07-28 -0400, jack wallen jr wrote:
okay someone had responded giving me this solution (i've removed the
comments):

:0
* ^TO_\/(_dot_)+procmail(_at_)*
| /usr/bin/play ~/sounds/asterisk.wav
:0A:
procmail_list

Well, uhm, the message gets piped into the player, and then processing stops. Well, an error condition will arise from the fact that 'play' no doubt won't read any of the message from STDIN. I know how that's handled for FILTER ('f' flag) rules, but on deliveries, I expect it blows the message to the wind.

try:

:0
* ^TO_\/.+procmail@
{
        :0Wic
        | /usr/bin/play ~/sounds/asterisk.wav

        :0:
        procmail_list
}

Note the trailing asterisk is meaningless on the match rule, so I've omitted it. In fact, I don't know what you're trying to accomplish with the specific match, so I'll leave it alone other than that comment.

Check 'man procmailrc' for the flags used on the play rule.

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395