Re: multiple actions --> spoke too soon

2000-07-29 09:03:35
At 15:39 2000-07-28 -0400, jack wallen jr wrote:
okay someone had responded giving me this solution (i've removed the
comments):

:0
* ^TO_\/(_dot_)+procmail(_at_)*
| /usr/bin/play ~/sounds/asterisk.wav
:0A:
procmail_list

Well, uhm, the message gets piped into the player, and then processing
stops.  Well, an error condition will arise from the fact that 'play' no
doubt won't read any of the message from STDIN.  I know how that's handled
for FILTER ('f' flag) rules, but on deliveries, I expect it blows the
message to the wind.

I think I did this once; the mail didn't get delivered by that recipe. In my
case, the mail was just to initiate a program; discarding the message would
have been find. I added a cat - >/dev/null to the recipe.

In any case, the more conservative approach I mentioned; deliver then make
noises, avoids this issue.