Re: Outlook Exploit Filter?

2000-07-29 12:02:41
John Hardin wrote to the list with a direct copy to me:

| On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, David W. Tamkin wrote:
|
| >   :0 # forty-five periods
|
| Way bad idea for Date: - it should be about 75. Some mailers generate
| fairly verbosely commented Date: headers.

Fifty characters was Lee Howard's guess at a safe number; I was just answer-
ing how to test for a Date: header that exceeds the desired limit.  Remember
that the question came up because long Date: headers were triggering trouble
with older versions of Outlook Express (and perhaps Outlook).  If a Date:
header is too long for the recipient's MUA, even if the extra bulk was added
for harmless reasons, it's still too long for the recipient's MUA.