Outlook Date Overflow Recipe problem

2000-08-03 06:59:24

Occassionally in the following will show up in some of the e-mail bounces
(they get copied to the admins):
"
procmail: Incomplete recipe
procmail: Extraneous locallockfile ignored
procmail: Skipped "-i "Date: $DATETIME"\  "
procmail: Skipped "-i "X-Security: Detected Microsoft Outlook / Outlook
Express GMT Field\"
procmail: Skipped "Vulnerability"
procmail: Skipped ". See\"
procmail: Skipped "http"
procmail: Unexpected EOL
procmail: Skipped "//www.securityfocus.com/bid/1481 for details. rcfile by
jn(_at_)h6(_dot_)de
}

It seems to be coming from this recipe that I copied off this list:

:0
* ^\/Date:.*
{ DATEHEADER=$MATCH }

:0
* 1^1 DATEHEADER ?? .
* -75^0
# All this is only executed, if the Date: field is longer than 75
# characters
{
# To have a (more or less precise but valid) Date: field, we take the
# date and time the mail arrived at our server:
:0
* ^Received:.*;[        ]*\/[a-z]+,[     ]+[^    ].*
# [] is space + tab
{ DATETIME = $MATCH }

:0 Af
|formail\
# Rename Date: field to Old-Date:, set new Date
 -i "Date: $DATETIME"\
# In case X-Security already exists (Hi John) we take -i, not -A
 -i "X-Security: Detected Microsoft Outlook / Outlook Express GMT Field\
 Buffer Overflow Vulnerability. See\
 http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/1481 for details.\
 rcfile by jn(_at_)h6(_dot_)de"
}

My only changes were to increase the matching from 50 characters to 75 so
overly wordy Date headers didn't get trapped (the longest valid one I'd
seen come across was 53 characters).  I adjusted the [] blocks per the
comment on the line following, so I don't think that's my problem.  Any
ideas on what is happening with this recipe?