Re: Conditions Limitation

2000-08-14 00:54:10
Eric Hilding wrote:
From procmail-admin(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE  Thu Aug 10
19:02:46 2000
 Subject: Re: Conditions Limitation
 Folder: /dev/null

Ouch!

I'm not the one who posted it, but could I suggest that you put
something like this near the top of your .procmailrc?

      :0 c
      backup

      :0 ic
      | cd backup && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* | sed -e 1,32d`

(This is from the procmailex manpage; I use 256 in my actual recipe.)

Alternately, rather than putting the msg into /dev/null, put it into
"spam.Thu" or something like that (where the suffix comes from
date(1)).  You can do something like this to save one day's worth of
messages.  To prevent unsightly buildup of spam, you could be sure to
purge "spam.Mon" after reviewing your logs Tuesday morning.  (You could
also uncomment the ":0 fbwi" recipe inside the block, but then you
could only recover the first few lines of "false-positive" spam.)

The following recipe is only minimally tested!

    :0
    * Looks_Suspicious ?? YES
    {
        TodaysSpam=spam.`date +%a`

        # :0 fbwi
        # | head

        :0
        $TodaysSpam
    }

Also, are you sure it was stuff in the body?  Could it have been in
the header (like something that warns that the relay is in orbs)?

cheers
--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.