RE: HTML Mail question (again)

2000-08-28 12:04:00

I am using MS Outlook 98 and Lotus Notes 4.6 to send the HTML mail, and
viewing the contents of the '/home/{USER}/Mail/mbox' file via the "cat"
command.

Subject: Re: HTML Mail question (again)
On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, James Hall wrote:
When I am sending mail in HTML format, and I view the contents of
'/home/{USER}/Mail/mbox' after the HTML message has been
sent, I notice that
the HTML formatting is gone, and the Content-Type is set to
"text/plain".

How/when this happens is going to depend on how the message
got into that
file, and possibly on what user agent you used to send it.
Also, when you
say "view the contents of" do you mean you're using a mail
user agent, or
that you're looking at it with more/less/vi/emacs or some such?