New twist in spam mail

2000-08-31 05:18:29

I received this spam mail recently.  Hadn't seen this particular
approach before.  Included below with some headers.

Can there be any truth at all to this?
[...]
   From: Eric Domingo <sulfericacid2001(_at_)themail(_dot_)com>
   To: <reader(_at_)newsguy(_dot_)com>
   Subject:  Fanfiction Fandoms
[...]

   Hi there.  First and formost, this is not legally a spam mail.
   This is only sent to the 13 people that somehow got on my address
   book, maybe because we talked before, or maybe because you spammed
   me once or something and I just added your name to the book
   anyways.  Secondly, I got explicit permission from my ISP (Which is
   currently Net Zero) and the server of USWEST claiming that this is
   not spam mail and it is technically legal.  What is NOT legal is
   sending emails back that are FLAME mails or emails containing
   threats or swear words.  All emails like that will be saved and
   reported to your ISP.

   The following is the actual message:

   My name is Daisy, and I do fanfiction for alot of different
   fandoms. Hogan's Heroes, NSync, Diagnosis Murder and Big Wolf on
   Campus. If you'd like to check it out the address is
   www.geocities.com/fumanpanda .  If you have your own stories, why
   not get them read by tons of other people?  I will post all stories
   of these themes!!  Hurry up, or you will be missing a lot of fun!
   :)

   Sincerely,

   Daisy