RE: New twist in spam mail

2000-08-31 05:46:02
None as far as I know. I did some checking with my ISP (Cloud9, home of the
postfix mailing list) and their guys who are highly knowledgeable assured me
that the statement made in the original post is 100% false.
Can there be any truth at all to this?
++++
Nuts, this is spam, pure and simple.
Here's why it *IS* spam.
If you didn't request info on what's *in*
(content/product/news/updates/whatever)the email it's spam.
If you didn't ask the * ^From:.*\<sender(_at_)spam(_dot_)com\> party concerned
to send
you email, it's spam.
If you cannot think of one single reason *you* received the email, it's
spam.
If in doubt think of the acronym UBE Unsolicited Bulk Email. The emphasis
IMO is on unsolicited.
  Hi there.  First and formost, this is not legally a spam mail.
+++++
(They...It) sent this to only 13 people? yeah...right. I got a bridge that
crosses the East River to sell 'ya!
  This is only sent to the 13 people that somehow got on my address
  book, maybe because we talked before, or maybe because you spammed
  me once or something and I just added your name to the book
  anyways.
++++
As I said, spam.
  The following is the actual message:

  My name is Daisy, and I do fanfiction for alot of different
  fandoms.
<snip>lots of other crap</snip>
++++
Now, for what it's worth I think that's the extent of bandwidth we should
spend on this thing. Any of my esteemed fellow list members can feel free to
mercilessly stomp me to a pulp if they disagree, but that's my $0.02 worth
for today folks.

Kind Regards to all,as always.
-Colin