Re: executing a program

2000-08-31 06:37:03
Can anybody help me. I whould like to know how to execute a program when
a message came to me.
How i link a message to a script?
thank s

Assuming that the SMTP MTA on your mailbox delivery host is the same as the
MTA on your outgoing SMTP server (i.e. sendmail 8.10), you use the aliases
file or your own personal aliases file (.forward) and the "delivery to
program syntax", e.g.

|procmail

See the aliases/.forward man page for further info about aliases syntax
and the procmail manual pages for more examples specific to procmail.