Re: Newbie to ProcMail

2000-09-06 13:58:55
"Joe Cheong" wrote:
   Thanks again for the guide. Do you have any idea how I can find out the
attached files' name and use that as an input to my program?

The original script puts the filename into the mail header as
        FARGS=`sed '/^Content-[Tt]ype:.*[Nn]ame=/s,[Tt]ext/,application/,' | \
            munpack -C $TMPDIR 2>&1 | \
            grep -v -e "reading from standard input" -e '^$SPC$' | \
            sed -e "s,^,-A 'X-munpack-info: $TMPDIR/," -e "s/$/'/"`

You can get the file names in a variety of ways -- e.g., after the
"formail" is done, you can say

FNAMES=`formail -zxx-munpack-info:`

   As the number of files may vary, also to support for concurrent access,
is there a way to generate random number thru shell command such that we can
define:

   RANDNUM=`xxxxxx`
   TMPDIR=/tmp/$RANDNUM

I don't know about that.  The LOCKFILE will keep instances from
clobbering each other.  That, plus munpack()'s duplicate-prevention
logic, should keep things OK for you.  From the munpack(1) manpage:

                                               ...  If a  message
              suggests  a file name of an existing file, the file
              will be overwritten.  Without  this  flag,  munpack
              appends ".1", ".2", etc to find a nonexistent file.

cheers,
--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.