fetchmail / putmail??

2000-09-12 22:44:04
| By any chance, have you considered using fetchmail (or a plain .forward to

Yes, fetchmail comes in extremely handy! No fuss, and the mail goes
through the local procmail just the same. It just goes.

What I was wondering is about the opposite direction. How can I as
easily send an email via smtp of the corresponding pop box? I mean I
have a pile of pop boxes, but how do I send email through their smtp
servers. I can't believe I am the first wanting to do this.

Surely sendmail can do it, but is there anything better? I really don't
want to spend a week reading sendmail docs. Something like

  somecommand < email -via smtp.someplace.net

would be ideal (I don't care if the mail doesn't go into any send
queue first). Similar to a recipe action "| $SENDMAIL $SENDMAILFLAGS -t".

Volker