Re: locking problems

2000-09-13 12:14:54
On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Matt Dunford wrote:

} You also have a lot of '$'s which don't seem to do anything.
} Something like '* $^TO' means that a variable is going to be expanded
} in the regex condition.

I use * $^TO since most of my recipes are very heavy with vars, and I'd
like to make sure I don't make an error when I switch a recipe from a
value-based ^TO to a var-based one. Besides, there's no harm in having the
$ there even if there's no var on the line.

} :0w:
} * ^TO_fusion-list(_at_)cullasaja(_dot_)com
} | gzip >> $ARC/fusion.list.gz
}
} :0Ac:
} $INCOMING/fusion-list

Hmmm..The above won't work, and doesn't really do what my recipe does. I
need the 'a', as I want to make sure the preceeding recipe succeeded,
otherwise if it doesn't, I don't want to see it in my incoming mailbox. If
the gzip fails, then the incoming mailbox needs to fail [hense the
lowercase 'a', so that way i'll get a copy in my inbox for manual
archiving].

Also, in the above, the 2nd recipe would never be called due to a lack of
'c' in the first recipe. Also, I'm stuck at v3.10, so I have to use ^TO
not ^TO_ [i can not upgrade, for security reasons at my ISP -
eskimo.com].

} :0c:
} * ^TO_vjl
} | gzip >> $INCOMING/iboxback.gz

Actually, the above should have a 'w' flag, as I stated in my e.mail, as I
need to wait for gzip to finish [espically with the appending it is
doing]. [it should also be ^TOvjl(_at_)cullasaja(_dot_)com [i shoulda just cut
and
pasted the recipes in] since i don't want to archive mail bcc'd to me and
sent to 'vjlikesfoo(_at_)foo(_dot_)bar'].

/vjl/

--
Vince J. LaMonica    // T e a m    // Photographer: aviation, sports,
vjl(_at_)cullasaja(_dot_)com  XX/ A M I G A  // nature, art, travel, documentary