Re: How to change the "From:" for Autoresponder

2000-09-21 11:34:26
At 15:54 2000-09-21 +0200, József Juni wrote:

1. I have different addresses I have to work on:
jozsef(_at_)juni(_dot_)de
info(_at_)juni(_dot_)de
help(_at_)juni(_dot_)de
dalos-gmbh(_at_)t-online(_dot_)de
info(_at_)lastchoice(_dot_)de
juni(_at_)lastchoice(_dot_)de

Fine. The question was more as to why the _autoreply_ text necessitated changing the from to precisely which address the person sent their message, instead of commonizing it to one (say, "info(_at_)juni(_dot_)de" or whatever), particularly since the outbound message body is the same in all instances.

Are these the ONLY addresses, and the sole list you've got to deal with? You express a desire to not have to keep adding addresses -- is that addresses to the filter, or addresses you've publicised? If the latter, I'd just set up the filter to look for each address manually (well, one GOOD regexp would fix that).

2. I have a Linux-Server on my intranet, wich is doing the internal
and externel mailtransport. On this MTA I have only one Mailbox.
I fetch all he mails with "... is jj here", because I don´t want
to add a local Mailbox every time, I have to deal with a new
"public" addres.

Hmm, if you've got sendmail, you could use virtusertable and specify each of the autoreply addresses in the virtusertable, pointing them at the one mailbox that services them. Then you could have accounts for the other users on the box (such as yourself).

This way, if mail shows up in the account that handles the autoreplies, you can be sure that a message was in fact addressed to an autoreply bot, and not also to you (and if that's the case, you'll get two messages delivered on your system - one to YOUR mailbox, and one to the autoreply box).

I changed Your example , so I can add or remove easer am "Match":

:0
* ^TOinfo(_at_)juni(_dot_)de>?
{                  <<< do I need still this brackets ??

Yes. But you dropped the '\/' that needs to lead the match text in the TO. You should also get into the habit of escaping the dots in your matching regexps (dot is otherwise a single-character wildcard). If you're matching the SPECIFIC text, rather than extracting the whole field (because you now have a start anchor for the match), you should be able to drop the trailing '>?' which is there to pick up the trailing bracket since an unanchored regexp will pick it up at the beginning.

The following may need some work, but try this instead:

:0
* ^TO.*\/((info|help|jozsef)@juni\.de)|((info|juni)@lastchoice\.de)|(dalos-gmbh(_at_)t-online\(_dot_)de)
{
        FROMADDR=$MATCH
}

Another thing to consider is that in a mailto link, you should probably be able to expect the message should be addressed "To:" your autoreply address, not cc: or bcc: to it..

Once more thank You for Your Help and sorry for my bad english

Your English is better than my Deutch!

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395