Re: spam from zoo sex animal farm

2000-09-23 12:42:36
MIke asked,

| Would this work as both a global
| filter (I presume in a file named /etc/procmail) and as a personal filter
| (in /home/username/.procmailrc)??
|
| :0:
| # Dump email with no From:
| * !^From:.*
| * ^Subject:.*wild and horny|*hot and horny|*hot and horny teens|*sex with
| animals
| ! /dev/null

 :0
 * !^From:
 * ^Subject:.*((hot|wild) and horny|sex with animals)
 /dev/null

A trailing .* on a regexp is just waste, unless you're extracting;
getting rid of "hot and horny" already gets rid of "hot and horny teens";
you want to dump it into /dev/null, not mail it to /dev/null.

Also, I'm assuming that your mailer divided "sex with animals" onto two lines
without a backslash and that your rcfile doesn't have it that way, but you
do need the parentheses to keep "^Subject:.*" out of the alternation, and I
just do not know what you had in mind with the asterisks after the pipes.

Actually, I should think you'd want to OR those conditions rather than ANDing
them:

 :0
 * ^From:
 * ! ^Subject:.*((hot|wild) and horny|sex with animals)
 { }
 :0E
 /dev/null

or this easier to follow equivalent: