Re: spam from zoo sex animal farm

2000-09-23 13:19:28
Mike followed up,

| Thank you very much.

De nada.

:0
* !^From:
* ^Subject:.*((hot|wild) and horny|sex with animals)
/dev/null

| How is this ORing rather than ANDing?

It isn't.  It ANDs the conditions.  That's the problem.  The action would be
run only if both conditions are met.  I figured you wanted it done whenever
*either* was met.

| Would this work globally if placed in a file named /etc/procmailrc?

Yes, but think twice before you censor everybody else's email.  Some of your
readers would prefer to do their own mail handling.  If your recipes believe
that mail is undesirable, the most you should do in /etc/procmailrc is add
a header line warning them of your bot's opinion.  I know I'd rather receive
hundreds of pieces of gross spam and delete them manually than miss one legi-
timate message because some admin thinks a bot can identify spam infallibly.

| And finally, if I wanted to added additional sick, dirty and repulsive terms
| to the Subject, would I add:
|
| ........ animals|other terms|and so on)
|
| to the end of the line?

Right.  If the line gets too long for the screen, use a backslash to allow
it to continue on the next screen line.  If the expression gets to be so long
that it exceeds $LINEBUF, then you'll need to set up a system to egrep from
a file.