Re: setting spool to $HOME/.mailspool/$LOGNAME

2000-09-25 12:00:59
Philip answered me,

| You'll need to change the actual C code ...

I had a fear it would come to that.  Thank you for the instructions.

| The problem, of course, is that there are too many different ways to
| setup mailspools, such that we can't anticipate them all with
| #defines.

Right.  There was one for a hard-coded path under $HOME and there was one for
a hard-coded directory where the spool file would be basenamed $LOGNAME, but
none to do both at once.

| Thus the procmail.conf discussion on the procmail-dev
| mailing list.  Once USWest gets my DSL line installed I might actually
| be able to tackle implementing it....

I'll look forward to that.