Re: Urgent help !

2000-09-26 15:13:56
Chris,

I just used one, not both. Still, it does not work. Looks like .forward file
works, but it seems like procmail does not interpret .procmailrc properly. Is
there any way to check on errors of .procmailrc? I checked under PMDIR for the
log file. But procmail has not created any log file, either.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chris Fry
  To: Gijun Lee
  Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2000 6:08 PM
  Subject: Re: Urgent help !

  # use one of the two below, NOT both!!!!!
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail      # use this one if you use elm, mutt
  MAILDIR=$HOME/mail      # use this one if you use pine, imap
  Gijun Lee wrote:

    Hi, there!! Still, my procmail is not working okay! Procmail can't run even
simple scripts. My .forward file is: "|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/bin/procmail
-f-||exit 75 #edssvr" And my .procmailrc file is:
    SHELL=/bin/sh
    LOGFILE=$HOME/.maillog  # these two are very important
    VERBOSE=yes             # we'll cover it in the next slide # you must
explicitly set a path if you're gong to be spawing programs
    PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin # use one of the two below, NOT
both
    MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail      # use this one if you use elm, mutt
    MAILDIR=$HOME/mail      # use this one if you use pine, imap # After the
inital mandatory variables we have our recipies.
    # We will cover recipies in detail later. :0
    * ^TO_edssvr(_at_)sample(_dot_)comin-testing  I already created sub dir
named 'in-testing'. I requested the sys admin to move all the procmail to
/usr/bin and asked him to change the file permission on the files. If I send a
piece of email, the email is not saved under in-testing dir. Instead, I can
read it using mailx command. Does anybody have idea about why my Procmail does
not work okay?
  --
  Chris Fry
  Safecoms

  Phone: +61 2 9553 1691
  Fax: +61 2 9553 1692
  Mobile: 0419 414 323
  eMail: cfry(_at_)safecoms(_dot_)com
  http://www.Safecoms.com

  You can download our Public CA Certificate from:-
  https://ca.secureanywhere.com/htdocs/cacert.crt