Re: Small Q :)

2000-09-29 10:25:11
Professional Software Engineering wrote:
  :0
  | ( $FORMAIL -rt (and whatever operations) | cat complaintmessage  ) | \
                                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think you mean  "cat - complaintmessage" here.

          $SENDMAIL -t
}

Alternately,

:0 hi
| ( $FORMAIL -rt (etc) ; cat complaintmessage ) | $SENDMAIL -t
                       ^
                       ^-- semicolon rather than pipe

As for the flags "hi", I recommend piping only the header to formail,
and ignoring errors on early closed pipe (the latter may be
unnecessary but it's safe).

Does "complaintmessage" begin with a blank line?  (Does it need to?)
--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.  Sorry.