Reply To: and script

2000-10-02 18:16:06

Here is a portion of the script for the mail
Gateway that finally worked.  This portion
handles the reply from the Destination ($RealSender) where
procmail on the Gateway email account
sends the reply back to the Originator.

I don't know what fields the reply email platform will fill,
could be From:, Return-Path:, Sender:, or Reply-To:.  It
didn't seem to work on any platform until I added
-I "Reply-To: $REALSENDER"

In fact, Return-Path: has the wrong address, it holds
Gateway(_at_)bozo(_dot_)com, not Destination(_at_)bozo(_dot_)com(_dot_)  Three
different
mail platforms only seem to care about  Reply-To:.  Is what I've
come up with (well, with plenty of advice) bulletproof?
It also didn't work until I changed the formail flags to
-rkb because procmail on the Gateway was not including the
body of the reply email.

:0c
* ^Subject:[  ]+\/.*
   | formail -rkb -I "From: $REALSENDER" -I "To: $ORIGINATOR"  \
    -I "Return-Path: $REALSENDER" -I "Sender: $REALSENDER"  \
    -I "Reply-To: $REALSENDER" \
   | $SENDMAIL -oi $ORIGINATOR

Thanks

Tom