Re: Reply To: and script

2000-10-03 09:33:28
tomcat(_at_)visi(_dot_)com wrote:
In fact, Return-Path: has the wrong address, it holds
Gateway(_at_)bozo(_dot_)com, not Destination(_at_)bozo(_dot_)com(_dot_)
Three different
mail platforms only seem to care about  Reply-To:.  Is what I've
come up with (well, with plenty of advice) bulletproof?

Looks good to me, but I guess it depends whether sendmail adds
anything.  If your gateway user-id is one of sendmail's "trusted
users" it may be worthwhile to use sendmail's "-f" flag as well.

The other thing is that there are a lot of non-conforming mail clients
out there....

It also didn't work until I changed the formail flags to
-rkb because procmail on the Gateway was not including the
body of the reply email.

I would've thought "-f" in place of "-rkb" could also work, but why
mess with success?

--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.  Sorry.