Re: procmail alternatives?

2000-10-08 01:30:39
On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, reklar Last Name wrote:

Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 11:52:54 -0700
From: reklar Last Name <reklar(_at_)my-deja(_dot_)com>
To: procmail(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
Subject: Re: procmail alternatives?

I'd also be interested in hearing about an alternative.
Some sys admins setup sendmail so that it is not possible
to spawn processes such as procmail.  In that case I'd
like to know if there is a way to use pine and have some
addon program or script which would be able effectively
filter mail.

Pine has a fairly decent built in mail filter right now.  It
isn't procmail - by far, but it is decent compared to other
mailers built in filters.  Also, I think it might be able to
spawn an external process too.  I'm using PINE 4.21.  Look into
the setup screen's options.  I use procmail mainly but I've got a
few simple pine filters set up as well as it was easier to plop
them into pine than play with procmail.  Don't expect any
advanced regex stuff though.  Perhaps a later PINE will do that
sort of thing though..

TTYL

      Mike A. Harris  -  Linux advocate  -  Open source advocate
              Computer Consultant - Capslock Consulting
                 Copyright 2000 all rights reserved

[Favorite quotes of Linus Torvalds - Sept 6, 2000]
I'm a bastard. I have absolutely no clue why people can ever think
otherwise. Yet they do. People think I'm a nice guy, and the fact is that
I'm a scheming, conniving bastard who doesn't care for any hurt feelings
or lost hours of work if it just results in what I consider to be a better
system.  And I'm not just saying that. I'm really not a very nice person.
I can say "I don't care" with a straight face, and really mean it.
        -- Linus Torvalds on linux-kernel mailing list