Re: Desire to early shortcircuit procmail

2000-10-12 10:58:40
On 12 Oct, David W. Tamkin wrote:
Don advised Jim,

| Explicitly deliver it.

Yes, that's the way to do it.

| :0
| * condition
| $DEFAULT  # or any other place you want it

Unless $DEFAULT is a directory, put another colon after the 0 to request a
local lockfile.

| That assumes you don't override DEFAULT in any rc files. procmail -v
| will tell you what procmail knows to be your system mailbox.

Actually, it will work just fine if you've changed the value of DEFAULT, in
case you want to use a different main inbox from the one specified by the
software.

Not quibbling because you are quite correct. I over-trimmed the quotes,
then offered a less than precise explanation. The original message
indicated a desire to find these messages in the system mailbox. What I
should have said was delivering to DEFAULT will put it in the spool as
Jim intended, unless DEFAULT was set to some other value. Thanks for
clarifying it.

 - Don