Re: Desire to early shortcircuit procmail

2000-10-12 16:44:06
Don cleared up,

| The original message
| indicated a desire to find these messages in the system mailbox. What I
| should have said was delivering to DEFAULT will put it in the spool as
| Jim intended, unless DEFAULT was set to some other value.

Ah, thanks for explaining.

In that case, Jim can save such messages explicitly to $ORGMAIL.  Generally,
one would not change the value of that variable.

For example, I don't like using the system inbox on any of my shell accounts,
so I always change DEFAULT, but just in case something goes wrong I never
change ORGMAIL.  If mail shows up in the system inbox, I know that either
procmail couldn't write to $DEFAULT or the MTA didn't invoke procmail.