Re: recipe falls through

2000-10-14 10:38:23
At 18:05 2000-10-14 +0530, Satya wrote:
This recipe falls through. Why?

Well, I guess we all have to operate on the assumption that your VERBOSE logs show that the ^To: was actually MATCHED. IF you had VERBOSE=ON, and read your logs, the answer would no doubt leap out and strangle you.

        :0
        | perl/colllist/confirm.pl

First, you should consider making this an ABSOLUTE path. Use $HOME/ if necessary. Next, failure of this script to read the entire contents of the pipe will cause procmail to assume the delivery to the pipe failed, and "recover" the message.

The fix, if the perl script is being executed would be either to get the script to read input until EOF, or to add the 'i' flag to the pipe delivery. See 'man procmailrc'.

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395