Re: recipe falls through

2000-10-15 11:15:26
Satya had first said,

I figured $HOME was the default CWD.

But then recanted:

The procmailrc man page says no such thing. I really should RTFM more
carefully.

Well, actually, it IS, with three exceptions I can think of:

1. The real uid has no /etc/passwd entry or no home directory in /etc/passwd,
in which case the default CWD is /.

2. Procmail is invoked with the -m option, in which case it is ./.

3. The first rcfile named on procmail's command line begins with "./", in
   which case the default CWD is ./.

Satya asked further,

So will this use a local lockfile?

:0:
* ^Somecondition
| exactly one action

It will try to.  If the action is a save to a pipe and there is no ">>"
appending redirector in the action, you'll need to specify a name for the
local lockfile, or procmail will complain that it can't determine the im-
plicit name for the local lockfile and it will use ./$LOCKEXT, which may
or may not be what you want.  Procmail can guess a name for the local lock-
file only when the action is to save to a folder or a write to command line
that includes ">>".