Re: recipe falls through

2000-10-14 12:04:18
Satya wrote,

| This recipe falls through. Why?
| :0: tsec-placement.txr.lock
| * ^To:.*tsec-placement-confirm@
| {
|       :0 c
|       mail/tsec-placement
|       :0
|       | perl/colllist/confirm.pl
| }
|
| I want it to deliver to mail/tsec-placement, a file. Then I want it to
| pipe through the perl script. That's all. But it also ends up in my inbox.

Before applying Sean's advice (that the path is not working and the perl
script is not called, or that the perl script doesn't read the entire message
and therefore procmail notes a write error), turn verbosity on (you *are*
keeping a logfile, Satya, I trust) just above it and see what problem
procmail reports.  I'm sure it's one of the two Sean pointed out.

One other thing: you can't get a local lockfile on a left brace unless you're
launching a clone, so procmail will ignore ":tsec-placement.txr.lock" as an
extraneous local lockfile.  Thus your write to $MAILDIR/mail/tsec-placement
is unlocked, so you should put the local lockfile onto that recipe instead
of the outer one that launches the braces.  If you need a single lockfile
around both the save to the folder and the perl script, use a regional
lockfile:

  :0
  * ^To:.*tsec-placement-confirm@
  {
        LOCKFILE=tsec-placement.trx.lock

        :0 c
        mail/tsec-placement
        :0 # add `i' flag or corrected path
        | perl/colllist/confirm.pl

        LOCKFILE # clear it in case of fall-through