Re: mail directory hashing (WAS Re: procmail digest, Vol 1 #171 - 16 msgs )

2000-10-16 16:47:24
jello <jello(_at_)lava(_dot_)net> writes:
On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 guenther+procmail(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu wrote:

jello <jello(_at_)lava(_dot_)net> writes:
Well see the thing is that when I *do* have these values changed
(MAILSPOOLDIR set to /var/mail and MAILSPOOLHASH set to 2), procmail
src/authenticate.c snippet:

#ifndef MAILSPOOLDIR
#define MAILSPOOLDIR    "/var/mail/spool/"          /* watch the trailing / */
#endif

There's a discrepancy between what you said and the code you just quoted.
Indeed, that snippet looks misquoted, as it has "spool" after "mail"
instead of before it.  What are you showing us?

(No difference (still /var/spool/mail) even though I've changed the
MAILSPOOLDIR setting to /var/mail/ in src/authenticate.c)

Did you install the new binary?  Right after you're done the compilation
and are still in the source tree, what happens when you type

        new/procmail -v

Philip Guenther