Re: procmail and pppd, they are incompatible?

2000-10-18 11:43:09
Martin, I know this sounds like some immoral, but we need to make backup of
all e-mails outgoing our system in order to protect us of "non received
messages" from our clients, is like a justification of work done. We don't
look at the personal e-mail of our workers.

i would rename /usr/sbin/sendmail (or whereever it is) to sendmail.bin and
create a shell script instead which pipes stdin through procmail and then to
sendmail.bin. you should read stdin into a temporary file, feed that file to\
procmail, then feed it to sendmail.bin:

======
#!/bin/sh

local tmpfile="/tmp/.mysendmail.$$.$USER"
trap "rm -f $tmpfile" 1 2 3 13 15

cat /dev/null > $tmpfile

while read i; echo $i >> $tmpfile; done

formail -s procmail < $tmpfile
sendmail.bin < $tmpfile

rm -f $tmpfile
======

and your .procmailrc file can be as simple as

======
DEFAULT=/where/to/store/all/outgoing/mail
======

martin

        madduck(_at_)madduck(_dot_)net

(greetings from the heart of the sun)