Re: Non-zero exitcode (153)

Which was being caused by a problem with the Linux off_t data type in
RH7. I fixed it by patching $postfix-source/utils/file_limit.c (see
http://www.linuxguru.com/stories.php?story=51 for more info about this).

Aha, more complicated than we had thought it might be.

The explanation makes sense to me, at least at first blush.
Meanwhile, it's an amazing coincidence that the target file had a size
exactly equal to 2^32-1 according to the postfix log ... I wonder if
files larger than a certain size return "-1" to certain calls or
something like this.

Your comments on this are appreciated... :-)

I'm with you; the problem may still be there but dormant.  Just
curious, how big was the file you 'mv'd?  Was it really 2^32-1 bytes
long, or was it maybe just a shade over 2GB?  Or some other number?

cheers,
--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.  Sorry.