Re: passing variables to perl

2000-11-22 17:26:44
Joel Dudley wrote:
:0
| /path/to/perl-scrip "$VAR1" "$VAR2"

add a semi-colon and tell us if that works:

 :0
 | /path/to/perl-scrip "$VAR1" "$VAR2" ;

The semicolon will tell procmail to invoke a shell.  VAR1, VAR2 will
be placed in the shell's environment.  When the shell sees $VAR1 and
$VAR2 in the line, it will replace those by the values it finds in the
environment.

Alternately, if your perl script could look in the environment and see
what VAR1 and VAR2 have in them (rather than looking for 'em in
parameters) that should work without having to invoke a shell.

hth
collin
--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.  Sorry.