Re: How to immediately exit procmail with non-delivery error code?

2000-11-22 17:12:29
From: Mary Smith <mysweetheart0(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com>

I don't know of any [spam abuse-reporting agencies] that
exists, except spamcop which charges money

It most decidedly does not.  The basic service is free.
I use it dozens of times a day.

One can choose to subscribe as a paying member, sure, but
it's not required.

There are also places like Sam Spade (samspade.org); and
plenty of links from there.

So how do I force procmail to terminate immediately without
delivering the mail and without continuing through the rest
of the .procmailrc, so that exitcode will take effect now?

HOST=byebye

From "man procmailrc" (have you read it?):

  HOST        If this is not the hostname of the machine, processing  of  the
              current  rcfile  will  immediately cease. If other rcfiles were
              specified on the command line, processing  will  continue  with
              the  next  one.  If all rcfiles are exhausted, the program will
              terminate, but will not generate an error (i.e. to  the  mailer
              it will seem that the mail has been delivered).

Anyway, *man*, but that was a long post, dude.

--
Netcom has imploded.  Please now use NOTnetcom.com for mail.
Ex-Netcommies:  Mail "forwards" for free forwarding service!