Re: How do i get everything to copy...

2000-11-27 18:07:54
At 10:46 AM 11/26/00 -0800, Professional Software Engineering wrote:
At 10:17 2000-11-26 -0500, Robert Campbell wrote:
I want a copy of every email sent to me to go to a temp folder.  I thought
that it was but it wasn't.  Here is what I have:
:0 c:
* ^(To|Cc|Bcc)(_dot_)*poohba(_at_)io\(_dot_)com
* ! ^MAIL_DEAMON
* ! ^X-Loop: poohba(_at_)io\(_dot_)com
temp

There's a typo in ^MAIL_DAEMON - thus, it isn't a macro, it's an actual text string "MAIL_DEAMON".

The regexp you use for your to matching could simply be changed to:

* ^TO_*poobah(_at_)io\(_dot_)com

That will catch other variants on BCC (since Bcc usually doesn't appear as a header). You're still not guaranteed to catch all the BCCs though, just because of how they get handled.

Is either the line
* ^(To|Cc|Bcc)(_dot_)*poohba(_at_)io\(_dot_)com
or
* ^TO_*poobah(_at_)io\(_dot_)com
even necessary in your recipe? That is, do you have aliases or other mechanisms that direct messages with other addresses to you that you do not want the condition to match? Is this a $HOME/.procmailrc or a /etc/procmailrc? If you want the action to apply to any non-daemon, non-looping message that procmail is trying to deliver to you, it seems to me the line could be omitted.

--
Michael