Re: procmail automounting home??

2000-12-02 14:45:37
On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 02:21:26PM -0600, Ken Teh wrote:
I've tried changing the sendmail cf lines that invoke procmail specifying an
absolute path for the procmailrc file for a user, but that didn't have any
effect.

Per the procmail man page:

       If no rcfiles are specified, it looks for $HOME/.procmailrc.  If not
       even that can be found,  processing will continue according to the
       default settings of the environment variables and the ones specified on
       the command line.

I'm guessing it's only mounting the home directories of users who do not have
procmailrcs (and thus your path in /etc/sendmail.cf is invalid), so it's going
on to check their home dir.
It may be useful to create a general procmailrc that is invoked for every
message. Have this procmailrc then call a user specific procmailrc if it
exists, or simply deliver to the users' spool file if it doesn't. This will
prevent procmail from trying to search for a rc file in the users home dir.
(Or recompile your procmail without that feature. I can't help you with that,
though I'm sure Phillip can.)

--
Andrew Edelstein                http://andrew.pure-chaos.com

"Can't we listen to something more melodious, like the long drawn out death
rattle of a man suffering from terminal flatulence?"
                                Dave Lister