procmail automounting home??

2000-12-02 14:14:29
I'm trying to set up a mail hub for my linux cluster using Redhat's
sendmail rpm which uses procmail as its mailer.  I find that whenever the
mail hub receives mail for a user, it automounts the user's home
directory.  I don't know if it is sendmail or procmail that's doing it and
was wondering if someone could answer this question.

I'd like to make whichever program is doing this stop.  I use the
/home automount feature in order to span several mount points under /home,
so I don't want to lose this feature.  But, I'm concerned that the mailhub
and the home file server will be swamped by NFS automounts.

Also, I don't want to lose the procmail and forward features.  To this end,
I've created on the mail hub an NFS exported directory where users' .forward
and .procmailrc files can be stored.  The .forward and .procmailrc files in
$HOME are symlinked to the files on this mount point.  If it is procmail
that's automounting home, then if I tell it to look here instead of
$HOME/.procmailrc, it should stop automounting /home.

I've tried changing the sendmail cf lines that invoke procmail specifying an
absolute path for the procmailrc file for a user, but that didn't have any
effect.

Thanks in advance.

Kenneth Teh                            Email teh(_at_)anl(_dot_)gov
Physics Division                         Tel 630.252.3073
Argonne National Laboratory              Fax 630.252.2864
9700 S. Cass Ave.
Argonne, IL 60439
USA