Re: procmail doesn't like g+w directories.

2001-01-11 16:13:01
Satya <satyap(_at_)satya(_dot_)virtualave(_dot_)net> writes:
procmail doesn't like g+w directories.

I have a user (me) with a home directory that is group writeable. procmail
doesn't like that. Why?

I need to use procmail with that user. How?

Because procmail isn't sure that everyone in that group is as trustable
as you are.  Now, if *every* real user on the system has their own
group (this is the default with RedHat and OpenBSD and maybe others),
then you can recompile procmail with the GROUP_PER_USER #define and
it'll then trust a g+w home directory if the group is your primary
group.

The source can be obtained from
        http://www.procmail.net/procmail.tar.gz
        ftp://ftp.procmail.net/pub/procmail/procmail.tar.gz

(Normally that would be procmail.org, but the registration is broken
right now, so you'll have to use procmail.net instead.)

Philip Guenther
Procmail Maintainer