RE: where to put the .procmailrc file.

2001-01-11 11:34:23
Poor form, following up myself, but I think this might be put to rest.

On 11 Jan, D E Hammond wrote:
| On 11 Jan, Nilanjan wrote:
|| Hai Colin
||      You have said to include "INCLUDERC=$HOME/.procmailrc" in which
directory. Because I have no /etc/procmailrc file  where can I put it now.
|| I am using procmail v3.13.1 on Linux Red Hat .
|| Regards
|| Nilanjan Sircar
|| ----------

I forgot when writing this you said it was Red Hat, so of course it's
rpm based. If you are using Red Hat's procmail rpm, I'd bet that
/etc/procmailrc is exactly where the rcfile is expected to be. I don't
use Red Hat, but am guessing there'd be little reason for them to change
it. You seem confused by the fact that it's not there, but you have to
create it. Try something like this.

---(cut here)---
# /etc/procmailrc
LOGFILE=/var/log/procmailtest.log   # or anything you know to be safe
LOGABSTRACT=all
---(cut here)---

Put that in /etc/procmailrc, send yourself a test message, check the
$LOGFILE you defined above to see if the abstract (From, Subject:,
Folder:) was written.  If it was, then all you have to do is modify the
file /etc/procmailrc according to your needs. If it is not logged, just
rm the rcfile and see if something in my previous message, or someone
else's, might help.

Don