Re: where to put the .procmailrc file.

2001-01-12 10:01:39

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 00:03:42 -0600 (CST), David W. Tamkin said:

 Well, maybe your possible cause is the reason.  You didn't elaborate, but
 I'm guessing that the permissions on ~/.procmailrc or on the home directory
 itself may be too loose; that /etc/procmailrc has code that delivers all
 messages (or all the messages you've tried); or that procmail isn't getting
 invoked at all and /etc/procmailrc isn't read either.

One of your guesses is correct; /etc/procmailrc has code that
delivers the messages.
I am not sure how I will fix that, but I know it can be done.  I am
using Junkfilter, and this is what delivers the mail after Junkfilter
has processed it:

INCLUDERC=$JFDIR/junkfilter
:0
* JFEXP ?? .
{
        :0 f
        * JFSTATUS ?? 1
        | formail -i "X-junkfilter: $JFVERSION" -i "X-Spammer:
$JFEXP"

        :0 E :
        | formail -i "X-junkfilter: $JFVERSION" -i "X-Spammer:
$JFEXP" \
        >> $DEFAULT

}

I am not sure how to edit the last line so that the user .procmailrc
can determine what to do with tagged messages based on the specific
nature of the tag.

thanks

--
Andrew