Re: where to put the .procmailrc file.

2001-01-12 00:13:43
Andrew the Amphibian wrote,

| The man page for procmail seems to say that the user's .procmailrc is
| processed after /etc/procmailrc.
| Is that correct?

Yes, if both exist and are safe.

| On my system, it seems that it        (the ~/.procmailrc) is not looked at,
| but I just thought of a possible cause.

Well, maybe your possible cause is the reason.  You didn't elaborate, but
I'm guessing that the permissions on ~/.procmailrc or on the home directory
itself may be too loose; that /etc/procmailrc has code that delivers all
messages (or all the messages you've tried); or that procmail isn't getting
invoked at all and /etc/procmailrc isn't read either.