Re: where to put the .procmailrc file.

2001-01-11 18:11:59

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001 17:10:35 -0600 (CST), David W. Tamkin said:

 That's right, and I'm sorry if it was unclear the way I posted it.  The
 code in my earlier post was what procmail will do on its own if it gets to
 the end of /etc/procmailrc without completing delivery, or if there is no
 /etc/procmailrc.  That code should *not* be written into /etc/procmailrc;
 it is already there implicitly.

The man page for procmail seems to say that the user's .procmailrc is
processed after /etc/procmailrc.
Is that correct?

On my system, it seems that it  (the ~/.procmailrc) is not looked at,
but I just thought of a possible cause.

--
Andrew