Re: where to put the .procmailrc file.

2001-01-10 00:19:55
Dear sir
        I am using LINUX Red Hat and I have defined
the
.procmailrc file in default MAILDIR='/home/mailserver'
not in /etc or in /home directory.
 But note that I have as many as 10 users there ruled
are all defined in that .procmailrc file and it is
working fine.

Question 1 . I have no idea whether the path of that
         .procmailrc file is defined anywhere in the
           configuration file if so where(ie which
           configuration file and under which default
           varible ?
Note: I am using Linux Red Hat 6

Regards

Nilanjan Sircar.

--- Collin Park <collin(_at_)cup(_dot_)hp(_dot_)com> wrote:
Jo o Paulo Andrade wrote:
1 -  /home/user1 and  (user1 home directory)

Put it in the above home directory, e.g.
/home/user1.

2 -  /var/mail/user1 (user1 mail directory )

Is /var/mail/user1 a directory??  I should think
/var/mail/user1 would
typically be a "regular file".

* if I have a rule for all users I have to put the
.procmailrc file in all
users directory ??

You can put it in /etc/procmailrc

I'm using mail.local now.
when i install procmail, will be created a
.procmailrc file in each
user mail directory?

No.

if a user don't have a .procmailrc file the mail
delivery don't function?

Mail delivery will function, but procmail will only
use
/etc/procmailrc if the user's home directory has no
.procmailrc file.

hth
--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability
for any problems