Re: where to put the .procmailrc file.

2001-01-13 12:17:02

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 23:52:33 +0000, David W. Tamkin said:

 >  My suggestion is just to add the headers and don't deliver, just as you do
 >  when there's a 1 in $JFSTATUS, and replace the code above with this:
 >
 >   INCLUDERC=$JFDIR/junkfilter
 >
 >   :0fwh # no need to run the body through the filter, nor to test JFSTATUS
 >   * JFEXP ?? .
 >   | formail -i "X-junkfilter: $JFVERSION" -i "X-Spammer: $JFEXP"
 >
 >  That way, as procmail proceeds into ~/.procmailrc, a user who wants
procmail
 >  to do things based on the values of JFEXP or JFSTATUS can do so, since the
 >  variables will still be known to procmail there, while a user who doesn't
use
 >  procmail will be able to see the value of JFEXP in the X-Spammer: header.

This worked :)

I have Junkfilter installed in /etc/junkfilter and I have my
~/.procmail call Junkfilter with the settings in my ~/.junkfilterrc.
Then I have a file in ~/.procmail/cleanup.rc  filter the suspected
spam as tagged by Junkfilter.  Junkfilter sometimes makes mistakes if
I just have it remove suspected spam, so this is a better approach.

Thanks for your help.

--
Andrew