Re: where to put the .procmailrc file.

2001-01-12 18:01:12

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 17:38:08 -0600 (CST), David W. Tamkin said:

 | I am not sure how to edit the last line so that the user .procmailrc
 | can determine what to do with tagged messages based on the specific
 | nature of the tag.

 My suggestion is just to add the headers and don't deliver, just as you do
 when there's a 1 in $JFSTATUS, and replace the code above with this:

  INCLUDERC=$JFDIR/junkfilter

  :0fwh # no need to run the body through the filter, nor to test JFSTATUS
  * JFEXP ?? .
  | formail -i "X-junkfilter: $JFVERSION" -i "X-Spammer: $JFEXP"

 That way, as procmail proceeds into ~/.procmailrc, a user who wants procmail
 to do things based on the values of JFEXP or JFSTATUS can do so, since the
 variables will still be known to procmail there, while a user who doesn't use
 procmail will be able to see the value of JFEXP in the X-Spammer: header.

Thanks, that is what I am trying to do.  I will try what you suggest.
Other suggestions from the Junkfilter list did not work.

--
Andrew