RE: What is X-UIDL header?

2001-01-15 04:46:50
I just read RFC 1725 and now I believe it is quite possible that my
friend's AOL did not add the header, but perhaps my ISP's POP server
did, or else it was Fetchmail.  I don't know whether Fetchmail does
this.

I haven't examined the Fetchmail sources, but there's no reason Fetchmail
would add the header -- the POP server appends these into the message when

you download it.

        fetchmail doesn't add such headers. But the well known pop3 Server
qpopper insert a X-UID header.

        Micha