Re: What is X-UIDL header?

2001-01-14 12:50:43

On Sun, 14 Jan 2001 18:13:07 +0000, Pollywog said:

What is the purpose of the X-UIDL header?  I just saw a really weird
 one on mail from an AOLer and it was not spam.

 Does this indicate her system has been compromised?
 I would not have caught it but Junkfilter thought it might be spam.

I just read RFC 1725 and now I believe it is quite possible that my
friend's AOL did not add the header, but perhaps my ISP's POP server
did, or else it was Fetchmail.  I don't know whether Fetchmail does
this.

--
Andrew