Re: Insufficient Permissions with local accounts

2001-01-18 03:13:54
Might the permissions on the root (/)
directory have been changed by accident?

How do i check that ? (ls -l / just shows the subdirs ...)

Regarding the problem with adabas :
I tried as root to "chmod adabas /var/spool/mail/adabas",
after this adabas could read the emails,
but then procmail showed error-messages that it wanted to
rename /var/spool/mail/adabas but didn't succeed,
and it also stopped delivering messages.
I had to delete /var/spool/mail/adabas, then a new one got created but
now it's back to the old behaviour.

Here's a question:  If as root you send email to a local user like
"hareter"... does the mail get delivered properly?
Yes.

What is inside /etc/procmailrc?
I don't have that file .
i also tried find -name "procmailrc" under / - it didn't show up.

Is your /var/spool/mail on a separate filesystem?  Is it NFS-mounted?
What does its entry in /etc/fstab look like?
No, its on the main HD
fstab :
/dev/sda1       /                         ext2            defaults   1   1
/dev/sdb1       /usr-2                    ext2            defaults   1   2
/dev/sdc1       /backup                   ext2            defaults   1   2

If you're logged in as root, can you say, e.g.,

    mail -f /var/spool/mail/adabas

and read messages that way?

Yes.

Are there any /var/spool/mail/*.lock files?
No.

You say your local users can send to remote users but not to each
other.  Can a remote person send mail to a local user successfully?
Yes .